Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!


Looking for scary bookplates!
As we reach the end of October and the celebration of Halloween (at least here in North America), I always find this a great time of the year to head out for a walk on the brisk evenings and then come back inside to enjoy a warm drink and a good book.  It's also a great time to get caught up on my books on bookplates, though at the moment I'm committed to reading a rather lengthy biography of Sir Frederick Borden...

You may have noticed that there are now some tabs along the top of the website as I've added a couple of new pages.  One is dedicated to a living list of references on bookplates, which I'll keep adding to as time permits. Its main focus will be Canadian sources, however, I also plan to include the main reference works on the bookplates of other countries.

The other tab links you to a page providing details of how to get in touch if you are an author or publisher of a book on the subject of ex libris and are looking to have your work promoted and reviewed.  I've been writing book reviews on both academic and commercial press books for nearly two decades, and I look forward to reviewing new material on this hobby as it becomes available.

Look for more updates later this week.  In the meantime, Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment